cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get multiple Part List rows for the same part with different values applied at component leve

Phenom
Phenom

Customer ordered to convert existing 1up tooling to 2up tooling. I’ve to use 1up tooling components as much as I can.

In the drawing Parts List, reusing old components and same but new components should appear in two different lines with their balloons indicating which is old [Size column ==> “Do Not Order (use old)”] and which is new.

I’m trying to find a way to do this through Attributes applied to component level; without making unique filenames for the same new components.

My attempt is by having different values in the attributes at component level (e.g. = Size1; Size2;….) to make them appear in Part List’s different rows! Is it a possibility?   

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

7 REPLIES

Re: How to get multiple Part List rows for the same part with different values applied at component

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @mike_fdo,

I'll suggest the easiest option first... what about renaming the Component Name via the Component Properties?  Your Parts List column will have to point to the $COMPONENT_NAME attribute for these to show:

Screenshot - 9_13_2017 , 7_50_58 AM.png

Regards, Ben

Re: How to get multiple Part List rows for the same part with different values applied at component

Phenom
Phenom

@BenBroad Thanks.

I tried this method but it doesn't work as you discribed. I will kep trying again. 

Since bulk edit is not possible, it's not an easy method. 

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Phenom
Phenom

@BenBroad

Could you achieve what you are showing by pointing a column (any column?) to $COMPONENT_NAME?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Phenom

Yes, that should be possible.  Note that you might have to make the $COMPONENT_NAME column a "Key Field" in the column's settings.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

@BenBroad Thanks.

Apparently making a column a “Key Field” is the answer. I don’t have to use $COMPONENT_NAME; instead I could have used “Size” column as my initial attempt (Bulk editing is possible). Now this opens to many other questions and I need to do some research to verify their behaviour.

Next immediate grave puzzle is Apply to = Component or Instance! What is the difference and how do they behave at assembly environment and part level? What is the easiest explanation?  

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Siemens Phenom

Hi @mike_fdo,

This page in the documentation should help you: Applying context to attributes

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

I could get it work as intended, but I think the attribute navigation tools are insufficient and limited.

After defining Applied state, you could easily loose control of components. Unless I missed somthing special, newly introduced Bulk editing tools seem to be still at a primitive stage and have a huge potential for improvements.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW