Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get of out Make Displayed Part mode?

Pioneer
Pioneer

After I use the "Make Displayed Part" on a part in an assembly, I have to close the Windows of the current-displayed part using close "X" button but I do not think this is a proper way because it also closes my assembly and I have to reopen the assembly again.

How should I do it properly and there is any short-cut?

4 REPLIES

Re: How to get of out Make Displayed Part mode?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Select the part in the assembly navigator > RMB > Display Parent and make main assembly as work part.
Also in NX11, there is new functionality of switch window.

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Secret

You can also use the Window pulldown at the very top of your session to choose which part to display - either from the list of parts or by selecting "Change Displayed Part".  Alternatively you can use <Ctrl> + <Tab> to switch between displayed parts, similar to how you use <Alt> + <Tab> to switch between applications in Windows.

Regards, Ben

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Also there is a great preference that I like when you change from Displayed part back to your assembly.

In File Preferences  Then Assemblies.  There is a button under Work Part Called "Maintain".  If you turn this off when switch back to your assembly from your displayed part, your assembly will know become your work part.  I like this being off.  Some people like it being on.  Just a nice preference switch.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

With the NX 11.0.1 update the behavior changed and after making a part from the assembly displayed part, if you close the displayed part, the part is still opened in the assembly. I think is a nice improvement.