Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to get rid of the dimension box while creating a dimension?

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
Most recently I've found this more frustrating using Move Component, moving small components short distances in an assembly. I wasn't interested in using constraints as I wanted to quickly move and organize the components for a quick conceptual proposal. The X, Y, Z coordinate dialog kept appearing right where I wanted to drag the handles and had to move the dialog out of the way each time.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Press MB3 on the origin and choose hide coordinates.

It will be remembered the next time you start the dialog.

Regards, **bleep**

Legend
Legend
learned something new.
Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r8 /WorkNC 2019 r1
Testing:NX 1855
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Creator
Creator

On the reverse, how do I get this dialog box to appear (NX10)?  I'm accustomed to using it while drafting.  I was just given a new computer, and I don't get this dialog box anymore.  Now, when I try to place a dimension, I get the attached dialog box (and want the other).  Now, the box does show up when I double-click the dimension after it's already been placed.  I can also bring up this dialog box if I click the little "wrench" in the attached dialog box.  I'd just like for it to pop-up automatically like it used to.

-WRM

Creator
Creator

For clarification, I have to click on the little wrench, and then on the blue square below it to get the (desired) dialog box to appear:

-WRM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@WRMorrison,

The dimension scene dialog behavior changed in NX 10.0.2 so that you don't get the intermediate widget with the wrench icon. My guess is that your new computer is not running 10.0.2 but an earlier maintenace relase of NX 10.

Regards,

Abe

Regards,
Abe

Creator
Creator

That did the trick Abe; thanks!

Genius
Genius

"they invented many fancy stuff in NX10 but the productivity got worse because the coder don't need to use that programme."  seems to be a very appropriate statement.  Did NX creators have users try NX 10 before it was released?  (Honest question).  Maybe if that was done by people who weren't "native NX users", some of the "fancy stuff" would have been changed.  I frequently have to move windows out of the way to get to what I need to work on.  The whole problem of assembly constraints, sketcher constraints, etc...  are all topics that could use a lot of attention as well.