Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import Drawing Booklet templates in fresh teamcenter server with NX integration?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello,

I have local teamcenter server set up and I am unable to import drawing booklet templates and therby cannot initialize booklet dialog. I found booklet template directory and tried importing manually from "%UGII_BASE_DIR%\DRAFTING\automation\templates" using "Import assembly into teamceneter"  command from NX but still its not working. Attaching error image.

Is anyone aware of correct procedure for importing Booklet templates?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to import Drawing Booklet templates in fresh teamcenter server with NX integration?

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Pritesh_Bhavsar 

Per the documentation, you only need to import the templates into Teamcenter.

Using "Import Assembly into Teamcenter", I set the Numbering Source to "OS Filename" and Conversion Rule to "As ID", browsed to %UGII_BASE_DIR%\DRAFTING\automation\templates, selected all of the part files and hit OK.  On restarting NX and selecting Create Drawing Booklet the dialog opens and I'm able to assign the booklet an Item ID and then scroll the list of templates.

Screenshot - 2_8_2019 , 11_35_07 AM.png

Regards, Ben

Re: How to import Drawing Booklet templates in fresh teamcenter server with NX integration?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi @BenBroad,

Thanks for replying but if you gone through my question I have done exact same thing as you mentioned in your reply. My template import was successful and still I am facing same error while launching booklet command which I attached as image in my question.

Could you please provide me syslog after your successful import and launching Booklet wizard? This will help me for finding template's path and dfa files path.

Thanks in advance,

Pritesh

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Thanks for replying but if you gone through my question I have done exact same thing as you mentioned in your reply. My template import was successful and still I am facing same error while launching booklet command which I attached as image in my question.

I answered your question: "Is anyone aware of correct procedure for importing Booklet templates".

What you didn't state in your original question was the options you used when importing the templates, such as Numbering Source, which is why I provided step-by-step instructions and a screenshot for you to compare settings and the resultant ID/Name/Revision of the imported templates.  Since you do not state if you're using custom Item Types, MFK or any other customization we have to assume that you're not.

I've attached the relevant portions of my syslog.