Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import Part Family Excel file from Master Part to the Non-master Drawing

Experimenter
Experimenter

How to import Part Family Excel file from Master Part to the Non-master Drawings file.

We have requirements to keep that Partfamily Spreadsheet data associative in Drafting too.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to import Part Family Excel file from Master Part to the Non-master Drawing

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Even if you could do that, I suspect that it will not give you what you think you're looking for.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Re: How to import Part Family Excel file from Master Part to the Non-master Drawing

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Mr. JohnRBaker,

Thanks for the immidiate reply.

But I hope, still there might be possible ways to copy that Part family details from the Excel file (Master Model Part) & paste it on Drawings Tabular Note Section... Only the output will not be assocites further... 

Can Siemens consider such type of Customers requirements for further upgradations???

Regards,

Mahesh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You could export the family table Spreadsheet data to a comma-delimited text file, then when you create your table use the Spreadsheet option and import the text file into that spreadsheet.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You might also want to read:

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=342191

I've not tried any of it, so I'm not sure it will help...