Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manually set weight of an object?

Creator
Creator

I need a box to be a weight of 3 kilo, how can i manually set the weight in NX 11?

5 REPLIES

Re: How to manually set weight of an object?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Menu > Analysis > Advanced Mass Properties > Advanced Weight Management. There is option 'Assert Values'

Re: How to manually set weight of an object?

Creator
Creator

Thank you!

Re: Is there any option to add mass in part family table for all members automatically in NX8.5 ?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have added 600 member parts in family table and everytime i have to verify each component to calculate the mass by measure bodies command manually.

So is it possible to caluculate and add mass for all members without verifying each of them from family table ?

I have to show mass (weight) in family table for all members.

I also tried advance weight managment tool in NX8.5 but it worked with assembly components only .

Re: Is there any option to add mass in part family table for all members automatically in NX8.5 ?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Pankaj9922,

add density or material in the Excel file that create part families and update them.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Pankaj9922,

If your intent is to calculate the mass for each member and display that value in the spreadsheet, then that functionality is currently not available and was requested in Enhancement Request (ER) 8972875.

As @cubalibre00 stated, currently, you are able to add Density as a column when defining the Part Family, which will allow the distinct mass to be calculated for each member when it is added to an assembly.  Starting NX9, you are able to add Asserted Mass as a column for each member.

Regards, Ben