Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move an object using one of its face

Pioneer
Pioneer

Assuming I have a face denoted "Front" and I would like to move the object so that this "Front Face" is parallel with (Z, X) plane of the absolute coordinate ?

I am new to NX so please provide step by step if you could.

4 REPLIES

Re: How to move an object using one of its face

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Menu > Edit > Move Object
Select the body
Motion: CSYS to CSYS

• Specify From CSYS: Select the drop down menu to choose a method that helps you define the CSYS of the FRONT face (CSYS of Object might work for you)
  • Specify To CSYS: Absolute CSYS

Once aligned to Absolute your geometry still might not be parallel to the desired plane, so you can use Motion: Dynamic to rotate the geometry accordingly and, if necessary, move it along an axis to the desired position.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks, it works perfectly.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What did you have set for "Result" on the Move Object dialog. If it's set to Copy Original and there's a lot of distance between the original body and the copy then your display has fit the screen to show both objects. If you used Move Original, there could also have been other objects such as curves or points, in the original location that were not moved along with the body.  Again, the Fit command fits the screen to show all objects, so it's likely you have some geometry still at the original location.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer
Actually, I found out it was due to some of the extra lines - I just need to hide them. Thanks for the support.