Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move "parts list" in drawing nx 9 ?

Genius
Genius

Hi

How to move "parts list" in drawing nx 9 ? So that it is exactly near the corner...

I usually just mouse drag the table but it gets frustrating.

10 REPLIES

Re: How to move "parts list" in drawing nx 9 ?

Genius
Genius

You can use the 'Move Object' (Strg + T) command.

Regards André

Genius
Genius
Will it make the table "snap" to the corner.
Like clicking on "table corner's point" and "sheet corner's point" and they snap together.

Someone did something like that but I forgot how to snap things together :-(

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Select the parts list and edit the section settings; for the alignment position, choose the corner that you want to snap to. Close the settings dialog and use the move object command; use the dynamic motion option and pick your parts list. The dynamic csys will snap to the corner that you chose earlier; now click on the dynamic csys origin then click on the point that you want to move the parts list to (turn on your snap settings to use line endpoint or other object points).

Genius
Genius

Ok I have advanced...But now OSNAP doesn't recognize the corner of title block. 

titleblock.jpg

Genius
Genius

You want to snap the corner point of the title block. This isn't possible. You could only snap to curve or points. The title block and tables have no points, therefor the snap doesn't work on these objects.

Regards André

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

You can do what you're after, as long as the border layer is active so you can select the line of the border.

Be aware in NX9 it's not an associative pick so if the line changes (sheet size for example), the title block will not move.

Made a video, attached to this post.

(view in My Videos)

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Genius
Genius

So professionals all over just mouse drag&drop the parts list randomly with the accuracy of an eye ?

What an disappointment.

I tried the video, but the company drawing always has a predefined title block-TEMPLATE.

I have all layers visible but it can't find any lines when OSNAPPING things.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Here is a way to align them exactly:

• change the title block tabular note alignment to upper right (or whatever corner you are interested in)
  • go to information -> object and select the tabular note, the alignment point coordinates will be reported
  • create an unassociative point on these coordinates
  • move your parts list to this point (use move point to point or edit annotation origin to align the points exactly)
  • delete the unassociative point as it is no longer needed

I agree that such a work-around as this is disappointing. Snapping to corners of tabular notes should be easier than this.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Not sure what you mean by a 'predefined title block-TEMPLATE.'

If you can't select any part of the border, then it's most likely the border is a 'pattern' which was the way that borders were created before the auto borders/zones functionality came in with NX8.5.

If you look at the bottom left hand corner of your drawing sheet, is there a small X?

If you run your cursor over that, does it identify as a pattern?

If it does, you've got a pattern in the drawing. No matter what you do with layers or the like, pattern objects are not selectable.

If you expand the pattern then the objects within are selectable, however that may go against your companies policy in regards to drawing standards.

The other issue may be that you don't actually have a title block made using the title block function.

It could be part of the pattern as mentioned above, so it can't be selected or moved.

(view in My Videos)

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2