Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to position Triad Origin on an origin point of a WCS/CSYS?

Phenom
Phenom

Selecting “Move Component ==> Transform=Dynamic ==>Triad origin (Move Handles=on)”; how could I/what is the easiest way to position it on a component’s WCS/CSYS origin point?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

6 REPLIES

Re: How to position Triad Origin on an origin point of a WCS/CSYS?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Easiest way is to right click on the sphere at the origin of the manipulator and choose the menu option "snap handle to WCS".

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks @cowski1, I should have seen it.

@AmyReyes

This forum website has got very unstable. I’m unable to give Kudos or mark it as a solution! This website is crashing. I’m not sure it’s because our increased online security measures or it’s common to other users too.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mike_fdo

What web browser are you using? I am able to accept solutions and give kudos on Chrome. I will test on FireFox and IE as well to confirm. It's possible that it may be your work's security settings, as no one else has reported this issue yet.

Also, I saw your other comment about AVI and MP4 attachments. I will be looking into that this afternoon.

Thanks for your patience.

Amy  

Update: Confirmed kudos and marking solutions as accepted works on IE and Firefox as well. Is anyone else unable to perform either action?

Community Manager, Solid Edge
Rules of Participation | Become a Guest Author
Become a Solid Edge Certified pro today!

Phenom
Phenom

I’m using Chrome too. Constant hiccups saying authentication issues and crashing frequently. Sometimes it take several attempts to do simple work like giving kudos, mark as a solution, inserting videos etc.

Yesterday night at home, when I uploaded the AVI, it locked me out and couldn’t get back in to the forum. So I asume it's happening not only at work.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hmm that is strange. I am unable to replicate those issues, and I'm not sure what could be causing them.

I'm going to have our admin, @KatieKing, look at this to help you further. 

Katie, can you please assist Mike? I'm logging this as a ticket in our system too. 

Thanks, 

Amy 

Community Manager, Solid Edge
Rules of Participation | Become a Guest Author
Become a Solid Edge Certified pro today!

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin
@mike_fdo - Wednesday-Friday last week we had several projects wrap up and any number of random glitches. I'm very sorry about that, however they weren't entirely unexpected. I would be concerned if you still experienced the same issues today though - have you noticed anything?

-Katie