Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Time in Date Attribute

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I want to remove Time in Date Attribute, I've tried to change Category from Text to Date in Setting, but nothing change, the time section didn't remove. Anyone know why? Below is the video that I used to reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rWeH5OK1k&t=80s

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to remove Time in Date Attribute

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Henry_Ha,

Are you mapping the text in the title block to a date attribute (perhaps mapped from Teamcenter?).

See if the following movie helps you:

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Many thank @BenBroad,

I do exactly what you guide in the video. But the time section didn't remove. I tried in another Tabular Note (not default tabular of the template drafting) then it worked. I don't know why.

Sorry, I can't send a video, I used Video Record function of NX but the video can't open (Error 0xc00d5212).

Hi @Henry_Ha,

Were you able to confirm that the text in the title block is a reference to a part attribute?

Can you post the syntax used in the cell?

Regards, Ben

Hi @BenBroad 

I've just followed your video for changing date format in the title block and had the same result, it didn't actually change.

The date is taken from date attribute in the master model, which includes time automatically.

I've attached a powerpoint showing this.

Also on the same lines, I want to show part number rather than drawing number in the title block. But I can't see how to do this as it isn't an attribute of the master model that I can reference. See sheet 2 of the powerpoint.

Any help would be appreciated, regards Carl

Hi @carl_harrison 

Took me a while to figure that one out Smiley Happy

You need to "version up" your title block content.  With the Title Block's layer made selectable, select "Menu > Tools > Version Up..." and select the title block.  The cells should now show the correct date format.

Regarding showing the name of the master model for the DRG NO., try entering "<W@$SH_MASTER_PART_NAME>".

Regards, Ben

Hi @BenBroad 

Perfect on both counts, don't think I'd have figured those out at all!

Thanks very much, regards Carl

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If someone is still unable to get only Date, can use following approach which refers Date attribute and displays only date in DD-Mon-YYYY format:

• Create a date attribute.
  • Add it in new expression: subString( ug_askPartAttrValue( "<date_attr_name>" ),1, 11)
  • Use above newly created expression to display date.

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!