Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to revert to component face colours at assemblies?

Phenom
Phenom

How could I remove all the applied assembly level colours and make all parts displayed in their  component level colours? I want to show applied face colours at components level in every assembly.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

6 REPLIES

Re: How to revert to component face colours at assemblies?

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Phenom
Phenom

cowski1 wrote:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Design-Forum/How-could-I-show-basic-part-face-col...

Above is what I was doing. I must repeat this step at each assembly level which is absurd. 

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

If the component is part of a subassembly, try right clicking on the subassembly node and using properties -> assembly -> synchronize subassembly properties -> display.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi Mike,

There seems to be a glitch here. Depening on if you have changed the color of the component or just a couple of faces of the component at the assembly level.
- The first thing to try to do is what has been described in earlier thread - RMB on the component/components to be reset - Properties - toggle the "Specific Component Color" off .

- The second thing to try is the Part Clean Up utility - Component Display "Remove All Changes"

- The third if the two above does not work change the component color to a temporary dummy color and then RMB - Properties - toggle the "Specific Component Color" off

I suggest to file an issue with GTAC.

Best Regards

Fred

Legend
Legend

Hi @mike_fdo

To toggle off  "Specific Component Color" is still available while components multi-select.

(including un-loaded components)

Sunkap Ahn, Senior Support Engineer

logo

Pioneer
Pioneer

We have been using the part clean up method

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000