Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rotate part follow WCS ?

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

Dear all

I want to rotate part follow wcs. How to do it ?

thank you

11 REPLIES

Re: How to rotate part follow WCS ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Not sure what you mean.  If you're talking about rotating a part about an axis, have you tried the...

Edit -> Move Object...

...function?

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

I want to select orient view  and view follow to wcs ( xc ,yc , zc) . When I rotate wcs  the  orient view is change  follow wcs . 

thank you

Siemens Phenom

If you want to rotate the view of a part around a WCS, first Orinet View to the saved co-ordiante system. Then wth middle mouse button pressed move your mouse along the sides of the graphical window. For example running mouse down the right hand window will rotate about the X-axis, moving along the top will rotate around the z-axis.

Steve V

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The image is from NX9, but the theory is the same for others.

Just use the 'Set View to WCS'. If you change the WCS, click the button again and the view will orient to the new WCS.

2015-03-24_15-29-46.png

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

I get what you are saying about Orient View command and it snaps you there, but is ther a way to basically reset the standard views so they are relative to a WCS?  So when I hit "TOP, RIGHT" etc they are relative to the current WCS.

Thanks

Dean

Siemens Phenom

The 'canned' views (TOP, RIGHT, etc) are fixed and remain relative to Absolute. Once you've aligned your TOP view to a new WCS orientation you can use "View > Operation > Save As" and create your own TOP view. Reorient the WCS as desired to create the remaining custom views.

Regards, Ben

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Note if you want a set of orthagonal views based on the current view, you can

create a view set (use command finder to find "View Set")

Although playing now it appears you can't use a "user" view as the master to create the set from??? 

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank You Gentlemen,

That works enough to help but I was hoping to be able to use the view buttons on my 3D mouse.

Question: When I left click one of the views created the command is not invoked until Ihit the enter key, then it moves/orients the view.  Is there a better way or a different way?

Thanks

Dean

Siemens Phenom
Having created a custom view, orient to that view, right click the Model Views node in the Part Navigator and create the View Set. The orientation is saved as whatever you selected for your 'Base View' and the orthographic views in that set are based off of that base view.

Regards, Ben