Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select the same volume size of the entities?

Pioneer
Pioneer
I want to choose the same size objects to edit and count their numbers in a complex part file, they may be in different layers or showing different colors, but they have the same volume. How to select the same volume size of the entities?
6 REPLIES

Re: How to select the same volume size of the entities?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Couple of questions that will help get you some suggestions.

Which version of NX?

You use the term entities, do you mean you have a part file with seperate solids or do you have an assembly with a lot of similar size components?

Regards

Paul

Pioneer
Pioneer
NX 8.0 version
not an assembly.only a part file with seperate solids
Thank you Paul.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you upgrade to NX 10 then there is a really nice method with Visual Reporting. You can color solids based on volume.

For earlier versions of NX if you have the license for VDA 4955 checker you can edit the criteria for small volume to just above the size of the solids you wish to find and then they can be highlighted in the browser violation.

Steve V

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Good point Steve on Visual Reporting, and of course when you have the report active you can also select in the report navigator when doing functions like hide, show, move etc.

And of course this is available to everybody when they go up to NX 10 and beyond.

On NX 8, if you don't have the VDA license then I think it's more tricky and may involve some coding, unless somebody else has a brainwave.  Sorry, I know there are lots of reasons why people are on older versions.

Paul

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I did this in NX 9 since I do not have NX 8 installed but it should work the same way. 

I have a file with five differenet solid bodies in it. 

I take a measurement of each body

I go into the expression subsystem

I sorted the expression on units to get the mm^3 together and then added the comment volume

I setup a filter to only show these values and then sorted the values to get the like values together

I can now find the like volumes and use the Body Measurement Feature to find the body

I know this is a manual process and depending on the number of bodies you have it may not be the best soltuion but it will work with the OOTB tools.

Hope this helps,

Scott20160705_000000-SAF.png

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you StevenVickers.

Due to the reasons for the company, we can only use the old version For the use of VDA 4955 checker of the results seem to be less ideal . As a matter of fact, I just need to on a primitive object for volume, and then set the given tolerance, in the current complicated drawings to filter. Finally,  the same volume of the original object to show highlight  as NX inherent in color and layer filter .