cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID balloon add colour infill

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

I have a requirement from production to highlight the fixing method of certain components by having a colour infill or background to an ID balloon on the assembly drawing.

I know there are many more sophisticated methods of doing this with PMI etc. but this is an easy initial win with our current practices.

I have attached a PDF example that uses symbols positioned over the balloons. This would be fine but they don't align associatively very well when you repositin the ID balloons.

3 REPLIES

Re: ID balloon add colour infill

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Try using the menu -> edit -> annotation -> origin command to associate the symbol with the balloon (or vice-versa).

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the suggestion. I did look at that method but I couldn't seem to pick up any snap points on the symbol or balloon. The only association I could get at initial placement of the symbol was a vetical and horizontal alignment. The symbol moved with the balloon but didn't stay centered. I can smash the symbol and align the balloon then but then reposition of the smashed symbol is difficult and the ballopn is locked to it. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

In the attached part file I used the origin tool with the "offset character" option, "middle center" alignment, and zero values for the X and Y scale factor. The ID symbol with the "A1" text is associated with the datum target symbol; move the datum target and the ID symbol will follow. The other datum target is associated to the "A2" ID symbol; move the ID symbol and the datum target will follow.