Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas to NX CMM forum

Experimenter
Experimenter

Does anyone know if the discontinued I-deas to NX via CMM forum threads are available anywhere?

Also, if anyone who's extensively gone through the process and wants to share their knowledge, please share your contact info . (Larry, are you still out there??)

We are mass migrating as many I-deas datasets into NX as possible before a TC10.1 upgrade in October and have run into a comedy of errors during the process, one being I-deas drawings section views causing CMM to fail. I hope someone has experienced the same & has a better fix than delete the view in I-deas, migrate, recreate view in NX.

Thanks,
Andy

5 REPLIES

Re: Ideas to NX CMM forum

Experimenter
Experimenter

Will this get you there?

http://www.plmworld.org/p/fo/si/topic=23

When I log into PLM World, I can pull down Forums in the orange bar and see my favorites. On my screen it is listed as "I-deas to NX Transition".

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, yes that helps. When I go to Forum Tab on the PLM world site, it just directs me to the Siemens community site. There are no forums listed. Good thing you saved that in favorites.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When we have had drawings fail migration, it has normally been a total loss of all views. We have managed to rescue most drawings by exporting a package file of the Ideas drawing and migrating with CMMsolo. The drawing can be checked in native NX and imported back into TC if successful.

We are on NX8.5 and TC9.1.

Mike

NX 12.0.0 TC11.3 VMU 11.3

There are several Ideas forums archived from the old bbs:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/GTAC-Customer-Forums-Archive/ct-p/NX-Customer-Forums

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Ha.  I just read this after Shane Deters posted a link to it recently.

I'm still here! LOL

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,