Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Import NX Ideas to NX11

Pioneer
Pioneer

Larry,

Is it possible to carry over part history and libraries over from I-DEAS over to NX?

If so, can I modify such data within in NX?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes, but you'll find it MUCH easier to migrate without history and instead use Synchronous Modeling tools to modify the geometry in NX later.  We stopped migrated part history once we realized it was slowing us down in migration and in editing post migration.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Pioneer
Pioneer

Alright so...

I've never used TDM or TC... how do I open these up or go about seeing which version I have?

Never used either.

Phenom
Phenom

Do you still have I-Deas installed?  Are you able to open these model files?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes I-DEAS is installed. 

Yes I can open the files.

Phenom
Phenom

Can you do a get from Library and add new parts to your Model file?  This is going through the Manage Bins. 

Pioneer
Pioneer

Really limited knowledge on I-DEAS here.

So please bare with me on this one.

Don't know how to add a new part to this existing file.

Everyone else has gone home for the day in the office that can help with IDEAS.

This is as far as I got.

get.PNG

Phenom
Phenom

You will need to get with Siemens and your reseller.  They can come up with a good plan and way of doing things.  Depending on how much data you have in your library and how many model files you have this could be a huge huge project.   You have to get the tools from Siemens to migrate with.  They used to not give the CMM tool to you until you get training on them. I do not know if this is still applicable.  There are ton of different switches, and options that you can set.

I hope you did not store all of your parts and drawings in model files.  You may have to check in all of this data into your Library or TDM.    The TDM is the Library in I-Deas.  There are many steps from Cleaning your TDM LIbrary to Actually running the CMM tool. 

Also I think there are companies out there that can this for you also. 

Good Luck

Highlighted

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you so much for the info and help regarding this subject guys. 

Really seems like this is going to be a way bigger project than I had imagined. 

I will get in contact with our reseller and find out what they can offer for us.

Thanks!