Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import NX10 Customer Default into NX11

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I've imported NX10 Customer Default into NX10 and the report write :

Total settings not recognized in this release: 2

Which settings are and how can discover in this report to understand if they are important ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

5 REPLIES

Re: Import NX10 Customer Default into NX11

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

The unrecognized customer defaults should be listed in the Information window that is presented after you imported the existing defaults. For example:

Setting: Drafting_appTextColor
**** This setting was not recognized and have been ignored ****

Setting: Sketch_createIntermediateDCSYS
**** This setting was not recognized and have been ignored ****

To help you to find out which customer default it was in the previous version, open the existing dpv file in a text editor and search for the Setting. E.g. in the above case, search for Sketch_createIntermediateDCSYS, and you'll find the following entry, which might give you a better idea:

<Pref Tab="Session Settings" name="Sketch_createIntermediateDCSYS" title="Create Intermediate Datum CSYS through Create Sketch Dialog" value="false" Category="General" modified="2014-10-31T17:22:47" Application="Sketch" displayValue="No"/>

unrecognized_default.png

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

hi ben 

what are the challenges with data while tranfering from one version to the new version .

how to define the procedure could you please share the info which might be useful for many customers to maintain the data properly.

appreciate your help 

thanks

Phenom
Phenom
Usually no issues with 3D - I ran into a single error on a drawing side which I was able to send into GTAC and they fixed the issue (in the meantime, I had to recreate a view to get the work done on my end). That's been in about a 20 year span since I started using NX (or UG as it was called then).

John Baker (a former Siemens employee) had a model from UG v9 (NOT NX9) that he could still open in NX10, as an example for the backwards compatibility; that goes back close to 25 years - maybe not quite that far, before my time.

If I were to hand out advice, I'd say model properly - don't go for the fast and quick model changes that turns the Model Navigator into a novella. Don't use Synchronous modeling as way to revise parametric models - save that for the unparameterized models.
-Tim

Experimenter
Experimenter

thanks for the reply if i am using nx 5 now i would like to move to nx latest version so i wann move the data from old to new 

can you share me any refrence on how to configure and model it 

Phenom
Phenom

What do you mean by "move the data" to the new version?  Are you referring to the Refile program that is ran from the command prompt?  NX is backwards compatible.  You don't HAVE to refile them to be able to open the older data in new versions of NX.  The only things that might have to be touched are Templates and such.

Now, if you're working from a PDM system (like Teamcenter), that might be a different story - I've never had to deal with that and you'll need to specify what version you're using of the PDM system, etc..

The configuring of the new version of NX won't be much different than NX5, if I recall correctly.  There might be a few new customer defaults, but if you have your maintenance up to date, you can call GTAC for installation help.

Beyond what is posted here, you really should create a new thread and ask your questions - this has nothing to do with the original post.

-Tim