Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import STL, Export Solid (Step/Parasolid/...)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey Guys,

I'm having trouble with some CT-Scans. I'v imported them as .stl and used reversed engineering tools to clean them up. Then i modeled some geometry, used Trim and pricipially got what i wanted: the original structure of the CT-Scan on top of a solid. so far so good.

As I'm using NX11 my thought was that with convergent modeling i can export this body as a solid and use it for simulation. Thats what I want to do, the way via NX is not necessary if there is another way from stl to abaqus (well there is, direct import, but my pretty rough and detailed surface makes a lot of problems and I can not use mesh2geometry).

To finish my problem: I can NOT export the geometry as step, parasolid, iges, whatsoever. The only thing I get is empty files.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

4 REPLIES

Re: Import STL, Export Solid (Step/Parasolid/...)

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
for so far I know you can't export the convergent body because the default formats doesn't support this kind of solid at this moment.

i'm not sure but Simcenter 3D can make a simulation based on the convergent body.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your reply, sounds demotivating Smiley Frustrated

Abaqus is the tool of choice, i have to work with it, so i'll need need a solution ... and i dont want so select and convert every single triangle in abaqus  manually. Smiley Indifferent

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is a facet convert command. Convert the convergent body to an NX or JT Facet, then export.

Steve V

Experimenter
Experimenter

All I get after exporting the converted facet body (NX/JT) are empty files again... what file format would you suggest?

Thanks!

Michael