Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inferred constraints on bolt reuse library

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am working on making some part families with the reuse library. I have some problems with the DIN 912 part family. I made the family but when trying to place the bolt with “Use Inferred Constraints” when pulling the bolt in the hole, there is no constraints appearing.

Did I forget to do something when making the part family? Should I have should I have added the parent to an assembly and constrained it then “Remember Assembly Constraints” before making the family?

The constraints I want is, align with the center and a distance from the head to end of the hole.

I added an example of the ISO7379 part family with the constraints, as I want it.Constraints.JPGISO7379 with constraints and DIN912 without.

4 REPLIES

Re: Inferred constraints on bolt reuse library

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

There are multiple ways of doing this.

If you look in the Parent file of the Siemens Example library, you see that they used named faces to automate the constrains. (Face name is REUSE_CONSTRAINT_ALIGN or REUSE_CONSTRAINT_TOUCH)

The other way is to use remember constrains. If you have a KRX file it will use the geometry were you drop your part on to constrain the part.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the quick reply!

So how do I implement this in my new Parent? Do I have to name a face or line I want to constrain as REUSE_CONSTRAINT_TOUCH / ALIGN?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

These text is used on faces.

If you open the part from the reuse library->Reuse examples->standard Parts->Din->bolt->hex head, the hex bold.

Right click->open then you can see how Siemens is using this.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I need!

Just a couple of things:

• When I use “Create Component Pattern”, the distance constraint text stacks on the start bolt. Is there a way to avoid this? When using the remember constraint way, this does not happen. The distance constraint text is next to the part with a line to the bolt the pattern started. Please see the picture added.
  • Is there a document where I can find the syntax for this? E.g. if I want the starting distance to be 5mm or an angle to be 45 degrees?DIN912_2.JPG