Phenom
Phenom

Dave-

Please include me as well. CDT

Ryan

Re: Is NX9 Dimensioning a step forward?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Dave, I am looking forward to joining you on this call.

I think for everybody who is planning on joining it is important to point out that we don't want you to think that we (that is the royal "we" and really means Dave) are going to try to teach you why NX 9 drafting is great or anything like that. 

When I look at feedback from things like Beta it shows that there are a lot of positive things in NX 9 drafting, but, as with everything that we do, I think we accept that there are some things we need to adjust, and as you can imagine, we have some planned changes that you will see when NX 10 comes out, and some things we may choose not to change (for a variety of reasons), and I have no doubt you'll explain to us some new ones we may have to think about.

I'm hoping this is works out as a constructive meeting, because it's the first time we've tried anything like this by opening up an invite on a forum like this one, and personally, I think it could be something we could do more often.

Paul Brown

Sr Marketing Director - Product Enginering Software

Phenom
Phenom

Paul-

I, too, truly hope this is a constructive meeting. It sounds like the users have several case studies for you, already. I would challenge everyone to spend a few minutes to put a list together of their top 3 concerns and how they would like to see the new UI work for them.

I agree having an open forum is a bit rsiky and needs to be managed.

If there is enough interest here from the users you might be able to leverage and re-establish the Techincal Committees inside of PLM World. After all, that is the reason the group exists.

I recall running monthly meetings (sometimes bi-weekly) with the Siemens Product Managers, users and sometimes development to help design/develop the UI and functional requirements for many different features in NX. Looking back the tech committee did a large amount of work on the feature instance/patterning functions as well as 3-face blend and even the redesign of the hole feature (that one goes back almost 10 years). We worked on a lot of the #1 user voted ERs and many of the Top 25 (CIP programs). Speaking of that, the PMs and SIG chairs should be getting those lists down to 25 right about now! ;-)

We have a passionate group of users here. Utlilize them/us and utilize/revitalize the PLM World Techncial Committees and SIGs! It's a win-win for everyone. If you need help with that- I'm here to help too!

Thankful for all that we can accomplish together,

Ryan

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dave,

Please include me in the NX9 Drafting webinar.

Currently using 8.5 but will be trying 9.0 soon.

One more user from here also.

Eastern Time.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dave,

Please include me in the webinar.

Not a user like the others, but I work helpdesk in Australia & New Zealand as there is no GTAC for our customers. We have seen questions raised about the new interface by our customers.

As far as our time zone, we can wake up at odd hours, so accomodate the majority and we can deal with it.

Melbourne, Australia (UTC +10)

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Dave,

I'm in the central european time zone utc +1,

please add me to your list. I will looking forward to to learn something (new).

regards

Genius
Genius
Hello,

could you please add me to the list?
I am in central european time zone.

Currently we are on NX8.5 but we are aiming for the NX10 release. I think we will switch ~ summer 2015. Are there already any fixes for the mentioned problems in this release?

regards

I would like to participate in the webinar as well.  I'm on 9.0.3, and I don't have too many problems, but I am always looking to learn.

Steve

Edit: I'm in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5)

Phenom
Phenom
Please include me if possible. Central Time Zone. Thanks

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Please send me an invitation to the webinar Dave.

EST

Currently using NX8.5 - but want to stay in the loop - regarding the current state of things.

Thanks,

Steve

SteveA
DRT Mfg. Co. Inc.
www.drtusa.com
Win7x64 NX8.5.3.3