Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it true...John?

Phenom
Phenom

I was reading the tweets and came across on that said they will miss John Baker. Is it true you are retiring? If so, then I feel we should all share our user stories. I'm sure there are plenty of them! You will be missed greatly.

My Story:

John was presenting UG NX10 at a user conference in the Chicago/O'hare One office. We had a room of users and potential customers. This was a time when most of the current leadership and marketing team were either sales people or sales managers and even some customers (like Dave S., Neil P. and Troy V.)

During the first few keystrokes UG NX10 errored and crashed. John was able to keep the customers pre-occupied and laughing about the fact. I was amazed that no one really considered the fact that the software crashed and he had up lickedly split. Blasted new sketcher constraints! John is a true Master of Demo Recovery!

10 REPLIES

Re: Is it true...John?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Congrats on retirement John!

...and has a new evangilist been ordained?  the NX world will miss your knowledge.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes, it is true that I'll be retiring shortly after the first of the year.

This comeing June, it will have been 49 years since I took my first job in engineering, working as a draftsman.

As for my replacement, that's an issue for my boss and his managment team.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Phenom

Nice Congratulations.  Hope you enjoy your family during your retirement. 

Thanks for all of the help over the years.

God Speed.

Phenom
Phenom
This is my story :
I was a Solid Edge user.
I was a SolidWorks user.
I'm a NX user.
Never encountered a support outside the official channel like with John.
John explains all about NX.
My opinion is that John must do and stay, maybe like a consultant, in the same position like now.
Doesn't exist a person like John, for SIEMENS NX support.
Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

John, I respect your skill and knowledge of NX. I also appreciate what you have done for the software development and for your help in the forms. Wish you the best of luck and happiness in retirement. Feel free to continue commenting on the forums.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Phenom
Phenom

No such thing as a "replacement" for you..just someone who can aspire to your level of product knowledge and showmanship!

Genius
Genius

I agree with all users above. Since we have never met in Person I only know you from the Forums.
But I recognized soon that either you know the answer or the answer did not exists yet ;-)
Very hard to find a replacement for you...
Thanks for all Forum Posts and "happy retirement" :-)

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin

John recieving an award from the PLM World team for all the years of service. :-)  

IMG_0064.JPG

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Gears Phenom

I have had the pleasure of knowing John for a long time. I have seen him crash NX in front of 1000+ users and they applauded. John quickly recovered and made a comment about using new software. He has been a great help here and on the Eng-Tips forum. I don’t think he will ever be replaced. I hope Siemens management realizes what a positive impact he has had on the users and customers.

Thanks John, you will be missed!

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace
Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race