Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible inherit centerlines from parent view to the section view?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I created section view. In the parent view are some centerlines and I need show them also in the Section View. Is that possible? I know, I can create it manually, but in some specific situations it`s not very easy to place the centerline to the right position

Attached is image with very basic example, my drawing is much more complicated. In this example are two centerlines, which I created manually, but as you can see, there is no geometry which I can select as reference for creating these centerlines

2 REPLIES

Re: Is possible inherit centerlines from parent view to the section view?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I don't think you can copy the centerlines in the way you want. You say you don't have geometry to darive centerlines from. Maybe you could create points in the model, that will serve for defining centerlines. You can then hide them, and if your points are associative, your centerlines will also be.

I hope it helps.

regards

WZ

Re: Is possible inherit centerlines from parent view to the section view?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

In the old I-Deas we were able to project these center lines from view to view.  I have yet to find a away to do this in NX.

If we have issues putting in centerlines we follow the below workflow.

What we usually do, is turn our section visible hidden lines on and off to create these lines..  So double click your section view border, go to visible lines, turn hidden lines from invisible to dashed or what have ya.  Also click on show hidden lines hidden by object.  I do not have NX open but it says something like that.

Then you should use the 3D centerline create your feature  centerline, then go back and turn your hidden lines to invisible.  You may need to "expand" your view so you can rotate your view so you can select this feature, then un expand your view.

Of course this only works if the feature is in the "background" of your section cut.  If the center line you want is on the opposite side you may want to flip your section arrows.