cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to auto assign a face name to a face color?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello - I have to frequently color faces in accordance to the name of those faces.  Is there a way to automate this?  For example, I'd like to color a certain face red, and by doing so, the face's name automatically becomes "X".

Thank you.

6 REPLIES

Re: Is there a way to auto assign a face name to a face color?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi

The way to do it is using nxopen. A routine that cycles through faces of a workpart, asks names and colors accordingly. Shouldn't be that much work. 

Maybe you can find something like that on the "customization" part of the forum, or attach an example part with face with the name pointed out and I can help you.

p.s- perhaps the discussion should be moved to customization part of forum

Phenom
Phenom

In PDW, there is a function called “Face Color Management”. You may need a special licence for this.

mf_fce_clor_20171026_01.JPG

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Experimenter
Experimenter
Great, thank you for your advice. I am not familiar with NX Open, but will tinker with it now. Also, I will add my original post to Customization. Thank you,

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you for you advice. Unfortunately, I do not have that license, but if i did, this looks like a very viable solution.
Thanks,

Experimenter
Experimenter

Does every face in your model have unique name?

In case all the faces of the same color have the same name, you can select the faces by name, and change the color.

In case that all the names are unique, you can still try to select them by name (in selecting by name you can use wildcards (*)) and change the color.

I hope it helps.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks, this is more or less how I currently do it. I highlight the faces that will all have the same name, change their color, and repeat until all the faces on the whole body are colored. Then I set the filter to face and color, change the name of the selected faces, and repeat until all the faces on the whole body are named.