Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: JT creation on save

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

just found out myself:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/10.0.3/nx_help#uid:index_nxtojt:xid618441:xid618449

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

thanks...learnt a new thing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In JT2go I got it working to show the explosion in a seperate View ! Smiley Happy

Now the real intersting question is: does anyone know how to further export this PMI Info (the exploded view) into 3d pdf format. 

I usually get good results in converting JT to 3dPDF with Tetra 4D (assemblystructure remains intact)

Is there further functionallity that allows such a "rich conversion" including the PMI that anyone knows of?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

2017-07-12_12h50_16.png

Just got it working:

this BOX needs to be checked during the conversion, niceley integrated then into 3Dpdf

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

By the way,

is it possible to save a custom view and include a specific arrangement in there?

With explosions this works, with arrangements I am not sure how to do this

Greetings

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello everybody

I am now back at this point where I'd like make certain customizations at the  *.config file. During the "save JT" process, where does NX look up the "valid" *.config file? What is the rule or default location for that?

Greetings

Marco 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Marco, here is how it works.

JT Config File

Scott

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

thanks a lot, I had this in mind and therfore copied a tess.config file into my working directory (I assume that this is the location where the actual prt work data lies) however the JT creation on save seems not to respect that .config file, instead it will use configs from somwhere else.

Is there any means to track back which config file is being used?

Greetings

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

If you don't have the UGII_PV_TESS_CONFIG_FILE variable set, then more than likely the tessUG.config file is being read from the default location as defined by the PVTRANSUI_DIR variable.

To be 100% certain, open a part containing a solid body and turn on the "Save JT Data" Save Option (File > Save > Save Options).  Save your part and then search your log file (File > Help > Log File) for "tess" and you should see the following at the bottom of your log:

Looking for config file: C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0/pvtrans/tessUG.config .... Found!

Regards, Ben

Ben Broad | PLM Enthusiast | Siemens GCSS

NX (v17 - 1876) | Teamcenter (9 - 12)
Value Based Licensing | Adaptive UI | BETA Registration

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Ben

I have tracked back via log file, and indeed it says:

Spoiler

Looking for config file: tessUG.config
Looking for config file: tess.config
Looking for config file: C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 8.5/pvtrans/tessUG.config .... Found!

so 3 locations are beeing watched, only in one there is match... from what I can guess now

Still I observe different behaviour by "creation on save" than via "export-JT"

For instance attributes are missing when created on save.

I consulted the documentation various times, still I am unsure how to configure properly.

My Goal is the following behaviour:

• Have NX write JT files every time I save (only for modified parts if possible)
  • JT files and assemblies having the same structure and relation as in original NX part data
  • JT Parts and Assemblies containing all Attributes that are found in original .prt data

Is it technically possible to get this behaviour by using the right configuration? Siemens Hotline is involved as well and I will post Solution as soon as anything is known, still greatfull for other advice.

Marco