cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT creation on save

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello community

If I use the export JT functionality with the Organize File Option Geometry and Assembly on an actual assembly part this will create a wonderfull jt file including the assembly structure and the geometry.

I can now convert this file to a 3d pdf with tetra 4D and the assemblystructure will still be there so to use this as a model based definition instead of a 2D drawing.

Now my question is:

how to use the "create jt on save" function from customer defaults to save the same type of rich jt file every time a part or assembly is saved? I was not able to specify further options for this procedure to force it including components and geometry into the saved jt files. Very often the jt files will be empty or incomplete.

thanks

14 REPLIES

Re: JT creation on save

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The answer lies in the configuration of the defaults for the JT export function. You can get to the documentation at this link

JT Configuration for NX

It has all the details to get what you need all setup.

Scott

Pioneer
Pioneer

thank you scott, I am stll figuring out but I think with the infos provided, this will work.

Greetings

Pioneer
Pioneer

I'd like to bring up this subject again, since I was further experimenting with it:

Is there a way to save (or export) an assembly JT showing a certain arrangement? (the used one for instance)

greetings

Marco

Siemens Phenom

Hi Marco,

When you activate some arrangement and export the JT ...it will export exactly that configuration (suppression status etc.).

Best Regards

Kapil

Is there a way to save (or export) an assembly JT showing a certain arrangement? (the used one for instance)

Since there can be only one active arrangement at a time, you have to export JT for each active arrangement separately.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | Teamcenter-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks so much for the tip!

How does this apply when an Explosion is active, does the JT Export behave in the same way?

Greetings

Siemens Phenom

Hi Marco,

If i am not wrong then ...I don't think explosions are included in the JT..

Better to utilize arrangements in that case ..

Best Regards

Kapil

In exported JT, exploded view will get saved as a PMI data.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | Teamcenter-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer
this is a very interesting option, how can I access this PMI Data, by opening in the JT2Go viewer for instance?