Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language journal language

Creator
Creator

How can I make NX to keep/save my selected language for journals? I must re-select the language after every NX restart now which is annoying!

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES

Re: Language journal language

Genius
Genius
you can set it in your customer defaults.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Go to file - > utilities - > customer defaults - > gateway - > user interface - > journal tab.

Set the language you want.

Regards,

Sen

Creator
Creator
Thanks for your replies. I already know how to set the language. My question is how to make NX to save this setting. Now I should set the language everytime I restart NX. Where this setting is saved? Should I use registry or teplate or etc to save the setting?

You are setting in Customer Default, and not in Preferences - correct?

You can go to Manage Current Settings (the eye in the upper right) and confirm this.

Set the customer default, exit NX, start NX, and check the customer default.

If your setting was not saved, then your site could have this restricted, so talk to your system administrator and be sure this is something you can change..

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator
You are so right! I was changing it in Preferences. It is now saved.

Do you know where the setting in Customer Default are saved (I tried registry and also "user\AppData\Local\Siemens\NX100\" folder, but I couldn't find anything related to the journal language saved there)?

Also I appreciate if you let me know what is the difference between Customer Default and Preferences?

Thanks in advance.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The next time you open NX:

- Menu -> Help -> Log file

- search for "dpv" - it will tell you where the *_user.dpv file is being loaded from.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

@Neshom wrote:
You are so right! I was changing it in Preferences. It is now saved.

Do you know where the setting in Customer Default are saved (I tried registry and also "user\AppData\Local\Siemens\NX100\" folder, but I couldn't find anything related to the journal language saved there)?

Also I appreciate if you let me know what is the difference between Customer Default and Preferences?

Thanks in advance.

Customer defaults are saved in files. There are several teirs that override the previous one - after our OOTB, you could have site, group, and user settings. Ken told you how to find your individual defaults. There is to modify the files - Use the customer defaults user interface.

It is best to read the help, but in summary, customer defaults are set before NX starts, and are either part or session defaults. Preferences can be changed in the current NX session.

Note that some defaults come from the part file templates when you go to File > New.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens