Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop Client Unable to find License Server

Experimenter
Experimenter

New NX user, installed 9.0.3 and 10.0 on workstation. Everything functions as expected with no problem. License is configured for borrowing option. Install of NX complete on laptop and laptop is attached by ethernet to the same network domain. Using the licensing Tools where borrow would be accomplished I have tried to locate the server in Environment Settings. I have not found documentation showing exact syntax for the address when the server is not running on the client machine.

 

On server/workstation license server = 28000@username  works fine

 

On laptop license server I have tried ip style xxx.xx.x.xxx:28000@username

username.domain.xxx:28000@username

28000@xxx.xx.x.xxx 

xxx.xx.x.xxx:28000

and more, not so much as a hint that a connection is attempted. Firewall does not even show attempt to access port 28000 on the workstation. I have also modified the environment variable along with the licensing tool field.

 

Thanks, I assume it is a matter of syntax but a perhaps if a known map of ports that need to be open were available it would help.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Laptop Client Unable to find License Server

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

 

Why don't you use 28000@license_server combination?

All Flexlms license servers should work with port@host combination. At least so far I've seen since early 90's...

Re: Laptop Client Unable to find License Server

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have tried

28000@username.domain

and

28000@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

 

I get the -96 license server is down or not responding

 

Thank you for the input, I have used FlexLM in the past and that seemed to right to me as well. But it always worked without requiring me to really learn how to configure everything.

Re: Laptop Client Unable to find License Server

Experimenter
Experimenter

And in the end you were correct. Windows firewall on the server machine was blocking access. It was supposed to be disabled but was not.