Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Law Curve Generation

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have been trying to create a 2D Curve from the following expression:

x = sqrt( 850^2 - y^2 ) + (( 100/850 )y + 100 )

for -850 <= y <= 0

I have been attempting this using the "Law Curve" function, but haven't had any luck. Currently the problem seems to be with the curve generation. I am able to create a law curve through the dialouge box, and there is a law curve created in my Part Navigator (named "Law Defined Spline"), however no curve is rendered in my sketch/model. Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a few images of my expressions and Law Curve Dialogue, in case there is an issue with either of those.

NX Version: NX 11.0.2.7 MP6, 15Jan18

4 REPLIES

Re: Law Curve Generation

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao,

you have to set tha variables as shown in the picture, then you have to defini law curve.

Ciao

CesareLaw.png

Experimenter
Experimenter

Cesare,

I tried adjusting the variable names and redefining the law curve, however the problem persists.

Again the issue is that the curve appears to be generated (a new entry is created in the Part Navigator), but no curve is rendered in the graphics window.

Any further assistance would be appreciated

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao @mjbos,

in my previous post I forgot the sqrt function, however the software generates a curve.

Make shure the variables are set to constant.

The result is this. Warning!!! The curve is very small fit (ctrl+F) the screen! EDIT.... It is very BIG Smiley Wink

Ciao

Law1.png 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Cesare,

I finally got the curve issues fixed, the curve had been defined in the xy plane, however I was sketching in the xz plane...

Thank you for the assistance, I appreciate your specific examples.