Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Error NX 12.0.1

Experimenter
Experimenter

I've received a license file for NX12 from Siemens, after activating this file on port 28000 of the licensing server lic1.steelweld.com and starting NX12 I get a license error, I believe it might have to do something with the version of the licensing software installed on our license server.

I did try an upgrade of the SPLM server today but it wasn't able to stop the license server process (most likely because it has quite a few other active licenses running on it) If I'm going to upgrade it I believe I will have to do a clean install which will have to be planned during the night.

My Question is:
Can you confirm that upgrading the license server to the newest version of SPLM would solve my problem?

Below some images showing the problem:

9-1-2019 12-05-56.jpgLicensing tool connects to port 28000 on lic1.steelweld.com succesfully

9-1-2019 12-05-47.jpgActivated Automotive Supplier Entry in Bundle settings

9-1-2019 13-33-49.jpgThe error shown when starting NX 12.0.1

5 REPLIES 5

Re: License Error NX 12.0.1

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello,

I thing in this case an update of the license daemon won't solve this issue. You need to have a look at your license file if all INCREMENT lines have an entry for version 32.0 (=> NX 12). If there is an entry for 31.0 (or even below) this INCREMENT won't work for NX 12.

In this case you should contact GTAC in order to get your license configuration checked.

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

Legend
Legend

I'm running NX 12.02 

The server and client versions you show match mine.

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.2 / Autoform r8 /WorkNC 2019 r1
Testing:NX 1855
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Hi, The license file you are using is for NX 10 (30.0 in the license file). If you deploy an NX 12 licence file (32.0) it should be fine. (No need to update the license server software.) Regards, Barry.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello,

maybe you just should restart the licesen daemon if the licesen file is correct.

If this doesn't help open an GTAC IR and provide the licesen file you are using, the licesen daemon log file and a NX syslog.

Thanks,

Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your quick reply, I did try and stop and restart the license daemon the problem turned out to be that there were borrowed licenses so I had to select the Force option to stop the server, after restarting it with the new license file NX12 started up without a problem !