Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License bundles

Legend
Legend

Is there a place to research and compare bundles without dealing with a sales rep?

I found an old quote "Upgrade from Advanced Designer to Mach 3 Prog Die Design" from 2005

I'm betting that was a great deal compared to what I'd get slapped with today.

We're still running our ADVDES bundles from 1999 on NX10,

Rob Newcomb, CAD/CNC/Simulation manager
Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

Production: NX 12.0.1 / Autoform r7 /WorkNC 2018 r2
Testing:nothing.
PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro
11 REPLIES

Re: License bundles

Phenom
Phenom

I also had advdes bundle since 1995. This is a very old bundle with features that now no longer go well. Now I switched to mach3 industrial design that has Shape Studio application and other. The progressive die design bundle is just for progressive die.

Ciao

Cesare

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This topic has be a pet peeve of mine for years. 

As a customer, our goal is to maximize employee productivity with these tools while at the same time minimizing the costs associated with them.  Therefore, it makes complete sense as a customer to want, and have, a list of all bundles and feature licenses as well as the actual functionality provided with each of them in order to make an educated decision on what, and how much, to purchase.  This information is no where to be found either from the customer researching the licenses, the SPLM account rep selling the licenses, nor the SPLM support folks.  The result is generally a mismatch of customers needs with what they end up buying.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Legend
Legend

I design tools for the prototype and low volume sheet metal stamping industry, while I don't do a lot of prog dies, i've designed a few hand fed multi stage tools. at the time in 2005, the Prog die bundle had alot of the features I wanted. Sheet metal unfolding and some of the die wizards looked appealing.

Elmhirst Industries, Specializing in Prototype sheet metal stampings and assemblies

PC: Rave Cadbeast: Intel(R) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.GHz /32gb ram /NVIDIA Quadro P2000 on Win10 Pro

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The other big peeve (particularly in CAM) is that they replace the "base" CAM bundle with a new "base" bundle that includes new features.  People with the old bundle have to shell out $$ to upgrade their "old" bundle to the "new" version of (essentially) the same thing...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Legend
Legend

I remember back in V17 when Enlarge was added,we came to use that tool quite a lot, then in V18 they moved it to the studio bundle. Enough people must have complained because I was issued a temp license then the next MR put it back in whatever package it was in before.

I've lost so many tools over the years, I've lost count. 2 that stick out are metaform and flat pattern. it wasn't perfect but it gave me a good starting point. Now that particular flat pattern function is in a composites bundle.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

A good place to start would be here. 

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/nx/library.shtml?requiredfields=Products%3ANX 

Near the top is the NX MACH Design Solutions Brochure. It does not have pricing, but it will give the comparison of what functionality it included in each bundle at a functional level. It is not a list of all license bits, but it is a good start to understand what level of software you may need or consider changing to. 

Thanks,

Scott

Like @ScottFelber said, a high level matrix of the functionality in each bundle is available, once you find the right brochure.

The details of all the bundles and licenses are available internally, and we use these often to respond to questions from customers, partners, and account reps.  

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Phenom
Phenom

The VARs have this type of information...you need to know who to ask for the spreadsheet matrices. I recall having such spreadsheets for the CAM products, and for NX individuals to the Mach bundles, etc.

I beleive portions of the breakdown information is deamed competitive information. That could be a reason we don't see this typr of functional matrices.

Yeah, with all the different owners of the software, the different marketing schemes and now we get to look forward to possible "apps" we get to add to the confusion.

Legend
Legend

Getting a VAR to call you back when your a smaller company seems to be a challenge.

When UGS ran things our local rep would stop in a couple of times a year just to ask how things were, did we need anything, etc...