Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines of components near surface of other components on top of visualization appears shown

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have some assemblies where sheet parts cover other components, when I zoom out to see the whole machine, I can see the lines of the components that are behind the metal sheet ones. If I do zoom in the visualization is correct. How can I avoid the visualization error when zooming out? Thanks

11 REPLIES

Re: Lines of components near surface of other components on top of visualization appears shown

Genius
Genius

In my opinion, this is only a visual and not a functional problem. Try right click -> update display and see if it helps.

Re: Lines of components near surface of other components on top of visualization appears shown

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes it is only visual, it happens to me a lot of times, but it wasnt a problem till now that I need to show it to a client and I dont want it to lead to misunderstanding. I tried updating display but it didnt work, thank you anyway.

Genius
Genius

It could also be a graphic card problem. What kind do you have?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Nvidia Quadro M2200, but it happens in other machines too

Genius
Genius

Hmm, that is a CAD approved card... Maybe the sheets are so thin on a big assembly that it just can't process corectly when zoomed out.

Maybe you could adjust the Visualization Preferences (there are some See-Thru options) and see if there is any difference. I myself never needed to display a part in high quality so I never messed with these settings before. In worst case, turn on true shading and see if that helps.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

I vaguely remember a similar thread posted recently. The edges of other components were showing through a thin cover in an assembly; I think the solution had something to do with line thickness settings. Perhaps searching the forum will turn up something useful for you.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Just something to try, have you messed with view tolerance?  Double click the view border under configuration, reduce the tolerance.   Say from .010 to .001

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Do you mean drafting view tolerance? I mean in 3D environment

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Yeah I assumed it was a 2D drawing problem.  This was my fault. sorry.