Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked attributes with UDF

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hello everyone!

I can assign attributes to the objects, and link them to the expressions - that's the common NX functionality. But if I try to do this with UDF, there is a problem. When UDF is inserted into a part, the attribute becomes constant and no longer linked to the original expression. Perhaps it is as designed, but maybe there is a way to make attributes keep linked state in the UDF scenario?

14 REPLIES

Re: Linked attributes with UDF

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This issue was reported to GTAC in Problem Report 7373543.

At this point in time, the issue is fixed in the upcoming release of NX11.

There is no workaround method at this time.

Solution Partner Genius

Maybe it is possible to use KF? I believe it has the function "ug_setattrvalue". But I don't know how to use it. Maybe somebody have some examples?

Siemens Phenom

You will need to contact the GTAC programming group for assistance with KF.

Siemens Phenom
Hi,
ug_setattrvalue is used to set the value of an already existing attribute in a part to a desired value. I have used it a couple of times like computing some value in the KF code and relating it to the part attribute value. Do you have some use-case i can try. I have some (although rustic) knowledge of KF so can give it a try once.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

Solution Partner Genius

Thank you for the offer of help!

I uploaded the simplified example that is nonetheless fully corresponds to my task. I need the attribute applied to the solid body that will have the value of the D expression.

Thanks in advance!

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Please check this video (attached zip file) and let me know if this is what you desired.

Best Regards

Kapil

Solution Partner Genius

Hi!

Yes, it appears to be what I need. How did you assign this KF link? Please explain. Smiley Happy

Siemens Phenom

attaching one ppt herewith.

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

i know this KF work can be optimized but since it is beyond my expertise level so would request other experts to comment on the same.

Taylor Anderson is the main expert i know of so hopefully he finds this post. His comments will be very valuable.

Best Regards

Kapil