Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked body problem

Pioneer
Pioneer

problem.JPG

We have an assembly wheich we updated and moved some blocks, we notice that the cutouts created from some linked bodies did not update.

Looked at the link in question and we have a body that says its uknown and if you edit, its says the assembly "kjyhug" is not loaded. Well we don'y have an assembly or part with that name, the file is 100% loaded, even tried loading with all interpart link option on in load options.

Cannot figure this one out, anyone have any ideas?

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000
8 REPLIES

Re: Linked body problem

Legend
Legend

So what happens if you make that part the Displayed Part?

Pioneer
Pioneer

It shows the cutout in the wrong spot still

If I roll back to the linked boby, it shows in the wrong spot as well (5mm gap to where the cut is actually showing)

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I think he was asking, does the file "kjyhug" exist in the assembly navigator?

If so, what happens when you make that the displayed part?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom

Try first, in assembly load options set 'load interpart data>all levels', uncheck the partially load flag.

In that way NX will look for the context assembly 'kjyhug' in according whit the load option.

This context assembly is the one through which you created the link.

If NX does not find this assembly a warning (or error, I don't remenber) message appears 'failed to find ..... using ...load option'. This means either you 'lost' the context assembly file or saved the file containing the link and not the 'temporary' file 'kjyhug'.

A possible remedy or workaround is to load the file to a new context assembly and then edit the link.

Ciao

Pioneer
Pioneer

Already tried that, the assembly does not exist and has never existed, when load all interpart data is turned on in the load options with all children checked, does not give any errors, but still says unknown and assembly not loaded

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @brian1234,

I don't know if it helps, but you can identify where kjyhug.prt was created on the OS when the linked body was created and its owning part saved using the ug_edit_part_names command line utility.

Open an NX Command Window and enter "ug_edit_part_names -list", enter a space at the end and then drag-&-drop the part containing the WAVE linked body into the command window.  Hit Enter and you'll see a reference to kjyhug.prt, including the path to the file.

C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\UGII>ug_edit_part_names -list "D:\GTAC\Community\missing_linked_parent\toycar_body.prt"
toycar_body.prt (D:\GTAC\Community\missing_linked_parent)
kjyhug.prt (D:\GTAC\Community\missing_linked_parent)

The ug_inspect command line utility gives similar results but with more detail.

Regards, Ben

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am thinking that as part of a rename or something it must have generated a random name and for some reason the links stayed pointing to that name.

I am going to try and save a copy of the new reference file with that name and see what happens

Thanks, will share the results

Brian
NX 11.0.2
Win 7 pro 64 bit
quadro k4000

Pioneer
Pioneer

It recognizes it but all the links get broken

I may not have it in the right sub assembly as when it was created

Further ahead anyway

Thanks