Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Linked mirror body ? What is it ?

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have a part which history tree has only "Linked mirror body" and no features ?

• Is it live connected to some part LinkedMirrorBody(27) ? (Linkage/assosiated ?)
  • What if I now add features like holes...will the changes effect the linked part ?
  • What is going on ?

Linked mirror body.jpg 

4 REPLIES

Re: Linked mirror body ? What is it ?

That is a wave link, of another part. You can tell by the icon, that the link is broken (broken chain link), so it is no longer "live". Regardless, you can modify it as you like, and it would not change the original. If the link was live, changes to the original, could transfer to your linked mirror body. I say "could", because it would depend on if the link was created "at time stamp" or not.

I would check the help files on wave links.
-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

I'd wager this is an opposite part - WAVE is a great way to realize opposites by wave mirroring from the original component in one step.  Your source geometry for the WAVE body is likely to be the original part.   Looks like the original designer then just unfolded to have an opposite flat pattern. 

Hello

How can I turn the "Live"-mode to "Unlinked"(=chain broken)-mode ?

• To avoid making any changes to the original part.

linkedmirror 24.jpg

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author 12131444
‎05-17-2017 01:38 AM

12131444 wrote:

Hello

How can I turn the "Live"-mode to "Unlinked"(=chain broken)-mode ?

• To avoid making any changes to the original part.

You do not want changes made to the original body to be reflected in the mirror body, Is it?

If so, Just double click the feature and toggle off the option 'Associative' under the settings of the 'WAVE Geometry Linker' dialog.

Testing NX10 | NX11
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2