Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking PMI dimensions across in-process models

Creator
Creator

I am creating top-down in-process models using the same method described in this video.

The geometry is linked via WAVE, but is there any way to copy/cascade PMI dimensions/tolerances/notes down the manufacturing process while maintaining associativity?

Re: Linking PMI dimensions across in-process models

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @AeroEng363,

Did you check 'Wave PMI Linker' command?

With this you can wave link body or topology along with the associated PMI dimensions/annotations etc.

Regards,
Ganesh

Creator
Creator

Thank you @GaneshKadole, that seems to be the command I'm looking for.  However, I'm unable to link certain PMI dimensions.  I'm simply not able to select them.  It seems to only be dimensions that are part of a section view, but moving them to a different model view doesn't help.

Also, when I make a change to the PMI dimension in the source part, the associated PMI dimension in the target part seems to go out-of-date.  It turns into gray, dashed lines and the update does not carry over.  The only way I've found to update it is to move it to a different model view.  Is there a better way to update the PMI links?

Thanks

Siemens Phenom

Nice one Ganesh..

Hi AeroEng363,

Have you tried Update all ...when your PMI are shown as a grey/dashed lines? Also does loading the parent and child component FULLY makes any change to this situation?

Best Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

It seems to only be dimensions that are part of a section view, but moving them to a different model view doesn't help. 

'PMI Wave Linker' does not support the PMI Section/Lightweight Section views, this is the current limitation. May be someone who is testing beta NX12 can confirm if this is enhanced. @BenBroad, your comment please!

Also, when I make a change to the PMI dimension in the source part, the associated PMI dimension in the target part seems to go out-of-date.  It turns into gray, dashed lines and the update does not carry over.  The only way I've found to update it is to move it to a different model view.  Is there a better way to update the PMI links?

Can you post a part/sample part. If I make any changes to the already created PMI's, it gets update without any problem.

Regards,
Ganesh

Creator
Creator

Good to know...  I'll have to look for a workaround.

I was working on a different part and the linked PMI seemed to be updated automatically.  Not sure what was going on at first but it seems to be resolved.

Siemens Phenom

Hi @GaneshKadole,

The same is true for NX12.

Regards, Ben