Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking datum coordinates of point features to a table in Drafting

Creator
Creator

Is there any way to link the X, Y and Z datum coordinates of a Datum Point to an automatically updating table in Drafting? I know its possible to do with the absolute coordinate system coordinates using the "=Point()" formula in Excel. Hopefully, theres a "=PointC()" formula or something I dont know about.

I have about 50 control points and every time a minor adjustment is made to the model, I have to go in and manually update the coordinates of every point. Any help is appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows where I can find a list of Excel formulas linked to NX, that would be great

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Linking datum coordinates of point features to a table in Drafting

Genius
Genius

Hello

create an assembly and locate your part in the position relativ to the assembly WCS .

In the 3D modelling enviroment create the table and use the point formula to create the x/y/z coordinates in relation to the assembly WCS.

Create a reference set of the assembly which you use in the drafting of the part.

Inside the drafting use the "view from part" option and select the assembly.

If you work in an TC enviroment you need to be carefull when creating revisions. Because of that the assembly is only a reference component you need to change it manually, and whe n you open the revisioned drawing you need to open it with the "structure only" option.

We use this method to create tables with hundreds of points.

Meinolf, , Leistritz Turbinentechnik GmbH

Production: NX10.0.3, TC 10.1.4

Testing:NX11 Beta

Re: Linking datum coordinates of point features to a table in Drafting

Creator
Creator
Hmm Ill try this as soon as possible and let you know if it works for me. Thanks!