Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Check mate checkers

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

While performing check mate on part we need to select the individual (Pre defined) checkers respective category like Modeling, Drafting etc.

Is there any way to export/extract the complete list of checkers?

8 REPLIES

Re: List of Check mate checkers

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi

This is generated as the “Quick Reference Guide” and  accessed from within NX. (It is more than just a list, it is documentation on every checker and function, with full html navigation.) However, after the first time it is generated from within NX, you don’t need NX to access it again, it can just be read directly from your browser. Also the full document, complete with navigation, can be zipped and sent to be used by someone who does not have NX installed.

• Start NX (whatever version you want the list to be compatible with)  and open any part
  • Menu Analysis -> Check-Mate -> Author Tests…
  • Click “Quick reference” button (it is the one to the left of the book icon for documentation) and it will generate for all current checkers/functions, and show in a browser.
  • You can open the checkers (classes) by clicking on the names, to get access to full documentation on each entry
  • To run directly from browser, standalone outside NX, look at the address in the browser. Navigate to that address to open the guide.
  • To export the guide and send
    • zip the complete directory (mqc_quick_reference) and send.
    • The recipient needs to unzip and  place anywhere on their machine.
    • They click on kf_quick_ref.html and make sure this opens in Internet Explorer or Firefox, don’t think it works in Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Siemens Phenom

@Clive: Exactly what I was looking for. Now I can get it outside NX rather than I was referring it always by check mate set up tests command. Thank you so much for the guidance! Smiley Happy

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
you can also configure a default set of checks that you can run from inside of NX.
If you do this you don't have to re select every time the same checks.

I have a check for modeling, assembly and drafting all with there own start button.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Solution Partner Phenom
if you used the author test command you can create a default list of checks that you want to check.
this will create a .dfa file that you can map in an menu or toolbar file for the interface.
so create a folder that contains the .dfa and a folder startup that contains de menu files.

if you set the UGCHECKMATE_USER_DIR to the location of the custom checks folder that this will be default pushed to NX

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Siemens Phenom

@ruud_vandenbrand: Thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely check by this way. Smiley Happy

Genius
Genius

Hi,

how can I map this .dfa file directly to the checkmate interface as a selectable predefined test instead of mapping it to a toolbar?

Solution Partner Phenom

you can create a profile like the ones that are already there (modeling, drafting, get information, etc..)

check this link to de documentation.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/nx_help/#uid:xid1128420:index_checkmate:id1159461...

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Genius
Genius
Yup, that did it!
I tried mapping it with variables and got nowhere. The simplest way is always the best. Thanks a lot!