Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of CheckMate Checks with Definitions

Experimenter
Experimenter

Has anyone ever created a list of all the checks in Check Mate along with a definition of what the check does?  I know I can hit the little purple book for info on each check, but I don't want to do that 324 times.  Thanks,  Richard Turner

6 REPLIES 6

Re: List of CheckMate Checks with Definitions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

About the best that you can do is go to...

<NX install folder>\DESIGN_TOOLS\checkmate\localization\<local language>\

...and you'll be in a folder where all the 'help' pages are stored for the various Check-Mate 'tests'.  Now the file names are not always that clear but you can probably work out what they are and all you have to do is open them to read the 'Help' page.  If you want to get a print out, you could probably write some simple scrip to open then .html files and print them all.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Phenom

John --

Actually, since about NX 2 (or maybe even earlier), there has been a dynamic "Quick Reference" docs generator for Check-Mate.  It's located on the "Author Tests" dialog, under a button here:

150119_check-mate_quick_reference.jpg  

This button goes out and runs a script that extracts documentation for all of the checks and profiles currently installed on your system (pulling all of this info directly from the dfa files where the checkers are defined, taking into account QRMS, Patches, etc.) and creates an up-to-the-minute HTML reference for you:

150119_check-mate_quick_reference2.jpg

This comprehensive reference is obviously oriented toward Administrators (who should realistically be the ones configuring Check-Mate for their companies) and/or Check-Mate Authors (for whom the "Functions" reference may be particularly handy.)

Help on individual checks is of course always available inside the "Set Up Tests" dialog, where checks are selected.

And yes, this has all described in the NX docs for many releases at "Home --> Inspection and validation --> Check-Mate --> Authoring Check-Mate tests".  :-)

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Tel: +1 (602) 441-0683
taylor.anderson@siemens.com

Siemens Phenom

Yes, that works great, but of course, it's only available when you're running the 'Author Tests' function, which is why I missed it since I can't recall ever authoring a test myself.  And while if I had known about this I would have probably directed the OP there, at the time I was thinking only about what could be accessed from the 'Set Up Tests' dialog.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Phenom

That's right, John.  Generally speaking, administrators should be configuring the necessary set of Check-Mate checks for a company, at which point only these desired checks will appear in the Set Up Tests dialog, where users can easily peruse the docs for those specfiic checks, as you've described.

Administrators should be the main people browsing this "big list" of checkers...  The vast majority of companies I've worked with over the years don't really want all of their users killing an afternoon poking around the 300+ OOTB checks.  :-)

Taylor Anderson

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey Taylor,

I know this article is a few years old... but wondering... is there anyway to get to that command to gather up the DFAs and Help menus without the Author Checkmate license?

Seems we don't have the Author license but would love to have that single view of all the checkmate info.

Thanks

Paul

Siemens Phenom
Hey, Paul. Good to hear from you.

I'm pretty sure the Knowledge Fusion Author license will also get you there. Can you try checking ON a Knowledge Fusion license (with a part open, go to File --> All Applications --> Knowledge Fusion) and see if that doesn't light up the Check-Mate Author dialog for you?

Thanks, Paul!
Taylor Anderson