Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Options; failed to load fastener assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am having problems with the load options. what I want is the following;

When open a file from a sertain folder i want NX to look for files in that folder first, followed by a search in a second folder (not a sub folder, but really a different folder).

I have modified my load options to 'from search folder' and added that second folder to the list.

now, when I open a assembly from the first folder it is missing it parts (which are also in the first folder).... it does find the parts wich are from the second folder though. so it seems to me that NX is only looking in the second folder and not in the first folder. (it does open a part from the first folder, but as i mentioned, not the parts of the assembly file)

this all is because we are working with endless numbers of project folders and working from those folders on daily basis. that 'second folder' on wich i am refering is the folder where all the fastener assembly parts are saved.

what also could be a solution (if i knew how to set it) is that de fastener assembly parts are saved in the working folder.

hope that some of you can help me

Working with NX10

No Teamcenter

9 REPLIES

Re: Load Options; failed to load fastener assembly

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

In your search options, add the first folder; and make it first in the list because the folders are searched in the order you specify.

Experimenter
Experimenter

i know that will do the job, but the thing is that we are working in various projects.

you do not want to modify the load options every time you change project.

what i have done now is set the load options to 'as saved' ..... this works!!

Creator
Creator

Where does NX store the path name for unloaded parts?

If I click to load a part in the assembly navigator, a dialog box comes up that offers a path name, but I'd like to get a report for all the parts in the assembly.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Menu > Information > Assembly > List Components

Phenom
Phenom
Create your load options and save each one for each project. Then when you need to work on a project you just open using saved load options.

Creator
Creator
In my case, I received a part file and it can't load the parts as they have been moved.
I need to track them all down and recreate directories once and for all.
I know NX stores the path name to the missing parts "somewhere" since I'm seeing the missing path name in the alert box...just can't find out where without having to click on each one and manually write it down.
Is there a way for me to view a report of paths?

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

"I need to track them all down and recreate directories once and for all."

Please don't do this. Instead, put all the files in a single folder and change your load options to "from folder" (or "search directories", specifying the directory that you used for the files).

If you really want/need to know the last known "as-saved" location, you can use the command line utility ugpc.exe and/or ug_edit_part_names.exe.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/10/nx_help/#uid:index_command_line_utilities:xid2808...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
As I mentioned above, once you open the assembly select "Menu > Information > Assemblies > List Components". Alternatively, open an NX Command Window and enter "ug_edit_part_names -list" and then drag & drop your assembly part into the command window and hit enter. The utility will list all paths to files that are referenced in the assembly when it was last saved.

For example:
C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 10.0\UGII>ug_edit_part_names -list P:\bookcase\bookcase_base_assy.prt
cabinet_top_assy.prt (H:\NX Parts\bookcase)
bookcase_base_assy.prt (H:\NX Parts\bookcase)
side_cabinet_door_assy.prt (H:\NX Parts\bookcase)
middle_cabinet_door_assy.prt (H:\NX Parts\bookcase)
cabinet_box_facade_assy.prt (H:\NX Parts\bookcase)

Creator
Creator
Great advice and thanks.

John Manderfield