Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local update in model tree

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I felt the need for local update of NX features while modifying a part comprising 2000 entities. Was there any ER?

I mean if there is an preceding external core and succeeding internal core, with boolean at the end, I wanted to work on internal core suppressing external core as I wanted to check the behaviour of internal core before going for lengthy external core update.

... it did not let me do so without first updating external core and that was a considerable time.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

Durgavajjala S.Prasad /NX 9,NX10&NX11
www.onwardgroup.com
3 REPLIES

Re: Local update in model tree

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Starting with NX 9 we introduced functionality based around Part Modules which allows you to do exactly what you want.

There are sessions at the upcoming Connections events which will focus on exactly this topic.  The idea of modularising designs so you can do local updates to improve performance and then update the whole model when you are ready.

I will check with my team to see which demo movies we have that can help by posting here, but hopefully you can look some of the help and online training to get you started.

Regards

Paul

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Over the years, I and others have achieved this via WAVE or Associative Copy where each major feature of a model (like a core) was a separate CAD model linked as features of a master part.  This allowed multiple users to concurrently work on the final model and allowed fast updates.

However, since then, Part Modules in NX has become a great and better option to achieve this same effect.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you all!

I will explore this.

Durgavajjala S.Prasad /NX 9,NX10&NX11
www.onwardgroup.com