Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACHINERY LIBRARY IN TC

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to use the library inside TC? I can manage libraries and make native libraries available in NX manager but when I try to add some part to the design it says me that is not possible to add a native part.

12 REPLIES

Re: MACHINERY LIBRARY IN TC

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You need to install machinery library for the managed mode.

Download the 'Machinery Library Install Tool' from GTAC website using valid webkey/account.

Once it is downloaded, you can find the installation user guide for both native as well as managed mode in folder 'NX_Machinery Library Install - User Guide'.

EDIT:

Also refer the link

How to Install Standard Parts/Machinery Library for Native NX

It is for the native NX. Similarly, you can install it for the managed mode. Download and refer the user guide as mentioned above. From there it will be self explanatory.

Regards,
Ganesh

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Specifically speaking about the MACHINE LIBRARY... if i am not wrong then there are two ways you can use the native parts in TC 

(1) TC classification method (a bit of manual process)

(2) MANUFACTURING RESOURCE LIBRARY (MRL) ...this should be available on GTAC ....should be better if you can get in tough with a GTAC expert on this.

Best Regards

Kapil

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you both.

I am trying to install the library following the guide but I cant connect the installator to the TC server with Tier4 method (TC11.2.3 and NX11.0.1). I guess that I dont write correctly the UGII_UGMGR_HTTP_URL variable

I have tried "TcWeb1" and "\\*\TcWeb1", where * means my server machine name. Am I doing something wrong?

How classification works? Is needed a specific license for using it? 

Siemens Phenom

Sorry...my TC knowledge is very limited but if you post the query on TC community you will surely get your answer.

Regards

Kapil

Siemens Phenom

I am trying to install the library following the guide but I cant connect the installator to the TC server with Tier4 method (TC11.2.3 and NX11.0.1). I guess that I dont write correctly the UGII_UGMGR_HTTP_URL variable

I have tried "TcWeb1" and "\\*\TcWeb1", where * means my server machine name. Am I doing something wrong?

Start managed NX, File > Help > Log File.

Search for 'UGII_UGMGR_HTTP_URL'. You will get the exact path for it.

Regards,
Ganesh

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I've always had problems trying to do imports on a 4 tier client.

I've never been able to parse out the correct set of ENVs to get things to work reliably.

Running it on the appropriate TC server seems to work much better.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

You have to add full path to application ex.

http://TCPROD:8080/tc

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Javiduc,

As already mentioned, you can get the url from the NX syslog (assuming you can start NX).  You can also get it from TEM (Configuration Manager > Perform Maintenance > Existing Config > Modify 4-tier server settings).  It will look something like http://servername:рort/ear (e.g., http://servername:7001/tc).

In your NX Command Prompt (for NX11 go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Siemens NX 11.0\Tools\Command Prompt) enter:

set UGII_UGMGR_COMMUNICATION=http
set UGII_UGMGR_HTTP_URL=http://servername:рort/ear
set FMS_HOME=C:\<path to my tc11 fms>

set JAVA_HOME=C:\<path to my jre folder>

Now cd to the folder where you have downloaded and unzipped the Machinery Library and execute MachineryLibrary-Installation.bat.  It will prompt you:

1) Choose your Language

2) Agree to terms & Conditions

3) Teamcenter Mode (it should recognize your 4-tier connection and the variable values for UGII_UGMGR_HTTP_URL and FMS_HOME are automatically entered)

4) Login to Teamcenter

5) Create a new installation
6) Select libraries (you need to have download these in advance and per the install instructions place the zip files in the “${Installation_Tool_Root}\Tool\libs” folder).

7) Choose Naming Rule & Item Type

8) Confirm path to NX install

9) Specify TC folder where Machinery Library is to be placed

10) Install

I just completed these steps to import the ANSI-Inch-2014-04-24 library into Tc11.2.2. using NX11.0.1 mp2.

Regards, Ben

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

With the correct url that you told me how to get, I could continue the proccess till the load library window, but it nevers ends loading libraries. I have placed them first in the same folder that the .bat file, then because it didn't finish loading I stopped the proccess and placed them in the libs folder. Any clue of what I am doing wrong? It is needed to previously do something in the server? Am I going to need to repeat the process for each client of all of them will be able to access the same libraries in TC? Thanks