Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCD - HELP SIMULATE A CONVEYOR STOPPER

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi! I'm using collision bodyes to simulate a stopper af a chain conveyor. I'm stuck because what I've used for collision bodyes seems not to work as I expected. Maybe there is some phisics that need to be adjusted. Anyone could help? The stopper reacts with yhe pallett but even if it is a slide joint it rotate like it hasn't the strenght enough to stop the pallet.

P.S. Attached is the assembly with all the MCD settings I've made.

CCH-00A000_sldasm.png02.png

5 REPLIES

Betreff: MCD - HELP SIMULATE A CONVEYOR STOPPER

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello,
if I understand you correctly, the car should stop when the roller touches the stop.

You should do that through surgery.
For this you also need a collison sensor.

Define the stop as collision sensor.
Then adjust the speed to zero in an operation when the sensor is pressed.

Regards
 Christian

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi! Thanks ChristianS. It is a good tip but this time I want to simulate the enviorment exactly as it works on the real life. Infact the chai continue to moves and it is that cylinder that stops the pallet. So I made another try using collision bodyes and a dummy TransportSurface. I've introduced two collision sensors too. The result is into the right direction. I'm still not happy about how the collision bodyes acts together. They simply didn't stay steady firm but bouche around... see what happen et the end of the conveyor when I stop the motor. Isn't there a way to force them to stay firm. I didn't understand the physical engine of this program. Maybe someone could help. I attached my WIP for the community.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello,

the engine does not stop.
You can see it in the inspector.

Use the sensor at the end of the conveyor to stop the motor.
Then it should fit.

You can do this via the PLC or via an MCD operation.

Regards
 Christian

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi IIFincolTA,

I have looked into your model and you are on the right way already, however I have made some adjustments (this is only a suggestion how I would do it):

1. I have added the siderails as two collision bodies so that the pallet does not move around anymore, and gave them a collision material (so that they don't have much friction)
  2. I have also made 2 bounding boxes around the first and last roller on each side so that you basically have 2 transport surfaces that are coupled to one signal they are controlled with 150 mm/s speed each (you don't need to create an extra part for that "dummy conveyor") this way it is also a bit more realistic and you don't have to prevent collisions
  3. Also I have removed some rigid bodies and their fixed joints since the elements are not moving anyway (like the "bumper" at the end) -> An often used best practice is: only to define moving parts as rigid bodies... 
  4. Some of the collision bodies have been changed to be more realistic, try to avoid collision Faces (collision bodies with zero thickness)

Best Regards

Viktor

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well Viktor... just saw you work. It is perfect. You helped me a lot and I siply wants to thank you. Your tips for collision bodies will inspire me some other MCD attempts.