Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machined assembly

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

as you can see in the Assembly attached, I've add 14 threaded holes. A part that aren't connected in the manner that if I change the first thread, the change is propagated to other, like a pattern. I don't like to use expression to relate them. So, I've tried to use hole with boolean option 'none' and repetition with assembly cut command, but cosmetic thread in the drawing is not visualized.

For case where  I need to machine in assembly more components with one feature, I can't find a solution simple. Serie holes can be a solution, but propagate the feature in parts.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

4 REPLIES

Re: Machined assembly

Phenom
Phenom

Could you provide the parts in NX10 or show it as a movie? 

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

One way to avoid so many hole features is unite the bodies but it generate a lot of new problems (not boundary lines between parts in drafting cut views, and problems with constraints between parts which move the parts in a unpredictible way, this last issue I think is a bug).

What I think is that NX developers should improve hole feature to be able to be applied to various bodies and to allow referenced hole dimensions in drafing to show thread information about holes applied to promoted bodies (well, holes applied to promoted bodies, hole applied to curved surfaces, hole with errors...)

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

If you promote bodies before using Hole series, it won't propagade features in part.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Regarding the initial question, you may use copy-paste functionality. It creates link between features and if you change initial feature, it changes all depending ones. See the video.