Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machinery Library in Teamcenter problem

Creator
Creator

Hello everyone

I have recently been able to import the items using the machinery library tool into our TC11 Tier 4 environment. 

I am able to correctly show the items in a reuse library. 

However when trying to add a item to my assembly using the reuse library I get the error:

"Family member part is already loaded so it cannot be created" followed by another error message saying:
"Failed to add knowledge-enabled part."

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

12 REPLIES

Re: Machinery Library in Teamcenter problem

Legend
Legend

Do the Part Family Members exist in TCE?

Creator
Creator

I am unsure, how can I check this?

Legend
Legend

There should be a Family Members Folder under the Master Item which will contain the Members.

part.gif

Creator
Creator

Knipsel.PNG

These are the parts automatically generated by the Machinery Library tool. 

Legend
Legend

Never downloaded the Machine Library as it was too late for us, we had already created all out Fastener Part Families, but I'm thinking you will have to open the Master and generate all the Members on the spreadsheet.

Someone that is already using the Machine Library can comment if you have to generate the Members yourself.

Creator
Creator
Thanks, I will wait for more replies. When trying to generate members I get the same error in the information window: already loaded.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Marinus,

You shouldn't need to create the members ahead of time.

For some reason NX believes it needs to either create or update the member even though the member already exists in the structure somewhere. 

• Was the assembly your working on created in Teamcenter or created in native NX and recently imported into the database?
    • If it was created in native NX, did it already contain members from a native Reuse Machinery Library?
  • Does the assembly already contain the same part you're attempting to add from the Reuse Library?
  • If it does already exist:
    • Did you add it in the same session?
    • Is it at the same level as the one you're attempting to add?
    • Are you loading the assembly using the "Structure Only" Assembly Load Option?
    • What happens if you fully load your assembly, save it, and then try to add the member?

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Hey Ben,

Below the answers to your questions:

• Was the assembly your working on created in Teamcenter or created in native NX and recently imported into the database? Created in Teamcenter
    • If it was created in native NX, did it already contain members from a native Reuse Machinery Library?
  • Does the assembly already contain the same part you're attempting to add from the Reuse Library? No
  • If it does already exist:
    • Did you add it in the same session?
    • Is it at the same level as the one you're attempting to add?
    • Are you loading the assembly using the "Structure Only" Assembly Load Option? No
    • What happens if you fully load your assembly, save it, and then try to add the member? Assembly is fully loaded

Thanks for helping out. 

Marinus

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

I overlooked this: "When trying to generate members I get the same error in the information window: already loaded."

Does this mean that with nothing else open in the NX session that you're unable to open a Part Family Template form the Machinery Library and create its members?