Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Machinery Library in Teamcenter problem

Creator
Creator

I think so, I did tried the following:

1. Opening one of the parts from the Machinery library
  2. Clicking Part Families under Tools
  3. This window opens normally - I entered the Spreadsheet that opens as expected.
  4. When selecting a bunch of rows and clicking add-ins and selecting create parts gives the error as described. 
  5. When selecting update parts results in an error that says it is unable to locate the parts. 

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Your steps are correct.  Update fails because the parts don't exist (though I was under the impression that update also creates parts, or perhaps it's that create that updates parts if they exist... I digress).

Since you cannot create the parts, you need to consider why.

• What item type was defined when importing the Machinery Library part family template parts?
    • Are you able to create parts of that item type?
  • Are there permissions preventing you from creating the members?
    • Review the NX syslog when creating the members to see if there's anything about read-only access, or otherwise.

You might want to consider giving your local GTAC office a call at this point as I suspect your log files will need to be reviewed to see if there are any additional clues.

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator

Again the answers to your questions:

• What item type was defined when importing the Machinery Library part family template parts? The item type was set to be "Item"
    • Are you able to create parts of that item type? I tried everything with the administrator account that has these permissions
  • Are there permissions preventing you from creating the members? 
    • Review the NX syslog when creating the members to see if there's anything about read-only access, or otherwise. I will review the syslog to see if this gives us any clues. 

The log file points us to the possible problem:

>>> Error code  641084 caught in file "o:\ugnx1101\ip11\src\part\no\ind\Part_FamilyTemplateManager.cxx" at line number 3017
>>>> Error code  641084 successfully handled and acknowledged

Part Families: Encountered legacy part family template with no pre-allocated handles for its member - ISO-3547-1,E,180x185x100*** EXCEPTION: Error code  641084 in line 963 of o:\ugnx1101\ip11\src\part\no\ind\part_fam_instances.c at Thu Mar 22 17:59:28 2018 West-Europa (standaardtijd)
+++ Failed to create part, (null)