Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Displayed Part behaviour

Legend
Legend

This has confused me for a while, we see certain cases where making a Sub Assembly of a Fully Loaded Assembly the Displayed Part, the Sub Assembly Components Display as Hidden.

We think it's something to do with Saving the Top Assembly at some point when Loaded as Structure Only.

Any Clues?

ANT.jpg

BLANK.jpg

6 REPLIES

Re: Make Displayed Part behaviour

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
NX does not store/save the "load state". This is one thing i think is unique to NX, that you do not need to load more than you want. The assembly is not modified by the load status.

If you in that subassembly ( as displayed part) make all components hidden then Save the subassembly . This is how it will appear when made the displayed part. BUT, the components will not be hidden in the top assy. "Hide" is an "displayed part" -action.

I would rather suspect a user error in this case.

Regards,
Tomas

Legend
Legend

Thanks Tomas, yes I understand the Displayed state of a Saved Asssembly, but this happens way to often to be a user error .... I hope Smiley Happy

Very confusing.

Legend
Legend

To follow up, I did check the Sub Assembly Display state by opening it on it's own not through the Top Assembly, Components are not hidden.

Phenom
Phenom

Just shooting in the dark... but check your layer settings.

Legend
Legend

Thanks, but not Layers.

Here is the properties of one of the hidden Components. Strange thing is, the Hidden is not Toggled.

If I toggle to Hidden and Apply then Toggle to not Hidden and Apply the component will Show.

I can't replicate this but see it a lot, I'm thinking it's abug Smiley Happy

bug.jpg

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

another shot i the dark. 

I think that i have seen this, and it was then "produced" by an unfortunate combination of the "Hide/show-boxes" and "Isolate"in the Assembly navigator,

This user had somehow managed to make his work part hidden, which had the consequence that new solids created got created , but hidden.  
 If there is one user to whom this happens, have a look on how He/She uses the assembly navigator.

Regards,

Tomas