Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual dimensions

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I've been trying to figure this out for an hour now and I can't seem to find the right way to do this.. I've created a circular part and the part is split up into a few pieces. (like a pizza)

Now when dimensioning the parts, it'll show an angular dimension. I need these dimensions to be percentages. So a 36 degrees angle has to show as 10%.   I want the original dimension completely removed and overwritten by the 10%.  

I've tried to edit through menu > edit > annotation > text   -- but this option only changes the appended text for me.  I saw something about a dimension ribbon giving the option to remove the dimension text but I can't find this option.. 

So any insights?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES

Re: Manual dimensions

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @MKarsten,

Menu > Edit > Annotation > Text

Select the required dimension and edit/enter the manual text to be appended.

Regards,
Ganesh

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for the reply, but I don't want the manual text to be appended. I want the original dimension completely removed.

Siemens Phenom
Now when dimensioning the parts, it'll show an angular dimension. I need these dimensions to be percentages. So a 36 degrees angle has to show as 10%.   I want the original dimension completely removed and overwritten by the 10%

This is shown by (1) with the appnded text.

I want the original dimension completely removed.

This is shown by (2). Use the same appended text method, select and replace the original dimension with a blank space.
dim.png

Regards,
Ganesh

Pioneer
Pioneer
Sorry, you're completely right! That does work. Thank you.

The reason that I thought it didn't work was because I dimensioned lines that I created in drafting area. Is there a way to remove those dimensions as well?

Siemens Phenom
The reason that I thought it didn't work was because I dimensioned lines that I created in drafting area. Is there a way to remove those dimensions as well?

Could you please attach a snap/picture of it. That would be great to have the clear idea about your requirement.

Regards,
Ganesh

Pioneer
Pioneer

2017-07-06 11_56_10-NX 11 - Drafting - [model2.prt (Modified) ].png

I created the part with points for deviation. I inserted through sketch the lines between the points. When I dimension the lines, the dimension becomes part of the sketch. Is there a way to edit this dimension or make it not a part of the sketch?

Pioneer
Pioneer
I've adjusted the text height of the dimension to 0.00001 and inserted dimension text through note. Guess that'll have to do for now.

Thank you for the help Ganesh!