Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material filters

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

When you Assign Material, you can create filters, to narrow down the options.

we would like to share the filters, instead of every user creating them, we just share the set of filters, is this possible?  anyone know where the filter info is stored?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
7 REPLIES

Re: Material filters

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Are you using IMM?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

NO!  Smiley Happy

Standard NX materials.  Tools, More, Assign Materials

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom

It gets saved to the registry.  Export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\11.0\General\MaterialList\Filters" to a .reg file and share that file with the other users.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

BenBroad wrote:

It gets saved to the registry.  Export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\NX\11.0\General\MaterialList\Filters" to a .reg file and share that file with the other users.

Regards, Ben

Hi Ben,

exist an ER to save the filter in the xml file. I remember I opened an ER to the NX8.5, when you have rewrote the Assign Material interface.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom
Existing ER 1902489: Ability to export/import a filter or sets of filters through NX.

Regards, Ben

Phenom
Phenom

BenBroad wrote:
Existing ER 1902489: Ability to export/import a filter or sets of filters through NX.

Regards, Ben

Hi Ben,

this ER is mine and I asked : 

'I need this information to extend this custom filter to all Nx user.

It will be better to save this filter in the material database and when e new filter is added, this filter will be show in the default filter as 'METAL, PLASTIC, OTHER, ETC..)'

I didn't asked to export / import.

If you accept an ER, doesn't change the customer request.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

I apologize for the confusion.  Your ER description still reads: "New filter option in Material assign" and your detailed description of your request remains the same.  The ER description I used came from development's response when your IR was originally converted to a PR; the PR Final Response reads:

The material database is likely not the best place to store filters, I don't think the MatML schema supports such a concept.

It's a enhancement request to give the ability to export/import a filter or sets of filters through NX

The PR was then converted to an ER.

Regards, Ben