Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Model Size?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is there a maximum model size?  We have a model of 2D curves that covers around a half of a mile.  It seems like when curves are created or transformed beyond a certain size the curves are no longer selectable.  They are visible but not selectable.

Any idea's?

Thanks,

Duane

4 REPLIES

Re: Max Model Size?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Yes there is, a 'cube' one kilometer on a side with the center of the cube located at 0,0,0 and orientated along the absolute X,Y,Z axis.

Now as for not being able to select anything that might be outside this 'space', there is an option that you can set in Customer Defaults which while it will not technically change the working envelope size when it comes to model accuracy and precision, it will help the mitigate some of the display and selection problems that you might be encountering when working with models this large or larger.

To find this setting, go to...

Customer Defaults -> Gateway -> Visualization -> View/Screen

...and you'll find an option to set the 'Maximum Size of an Obejct's Bounding Box'.  Increasing this to something larger than the working space may help you with your problem.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

How large is that cube when one works in Inches ?

Is it +- 500 000 inches ?

Regards,

Tomas

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

While you can do the conversion as a personal exercise, as far as NX is concerned, all geometric data is stored using the 'Meter' as the basic unit of measure, irrespective of whether the defined base-units for the Part file were set to Metric (millimeters) or Imperial (inches).

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Thanks John, this is exactly the type of  information i was hoping to get.

I doubt that i could read this in the NX manual :-)

Regards,

Tomas