cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical routing - hide

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Experts

I have made a lot of hoses in an assembly, 84 exactly, and the sales department needs a picture of the assembly.

Therefor, to my issue. When I zoom out I can see all the splines and the constaines in the fitting ports, I thinkt, since I can't see them when zoomed in.

I haven't had any luck with hiding them in the part navigator or reference set.

Any good sugestions? Everything is appreciated, thanks!

Best regards

Mads V

3 REPLIES

Re: Mechanical routing - hide

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @MadsV,

What about moving them to a different layer?

From the Selection toolbar, change the select filter to "Routing Objects" and then hit Select All (or Ctrl + A).  Routing objects will highlight the spline paths and the ports.  Next select "Menu > Format > Move to Layer" and place them all on a new layer.

For the constraints, right mouse click the "Constraints" node in the Assembly Navigator and choose "Display Constraints in Graphics Window" to uncheck the option. 

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @BenBroad,

Thanks for the reply! I didn't knew the selection shortcut, very smart.

It's not nessesary for me to have a layer for the hoses, I want them to be shown all the time :-)

But actually when I move them to a layer, there are a lot of small crosses, I thinkt it's all the routing points.

I have unchecked the Constrains, but the crosses/routing points and the Space resevations/splines are still shown.

Best regards

Mads V

Experimenter
Experimenter
So I figured out a solution, with help from @BenBroad suggestion with layer.
Because when you choose all routing related curves, points, features and fitting ports, the hoses will be hidden as well.
Therefor you have to move the splines, points, extension lines and fitting ports to a seperate Layer, then you will only have the hoses left for show off :-)

But the right thing to do would properly be to make an Reference set for each fitting port, before starting with the routing.

Best regards
Mads V